Monday, January 3, 2011

An update on my princess....




Well its all done, and she's sleeping it off at home with Daddy. They took out one tooth, capped another one, filled a couple, and put a space saver where they took the tooth out. She has one disolvable stitch. I am glad she's sleeping cause they gave her a local and she didn't like the feeling of her face being numb, so hopefully when she wakes up that will have worn off. I just hope the recovery is nice and smooth for her. She wouldn't just put the mask on so thye had to give her a sedative, so I dare say thats hy she's taking so long to wake up, rather than the general knocking her around. Poor monkey. I hate seeing her like that. About 20 minutes after she had the sedative (which took some convincing to get her to take) her eyes were rolling back in her head and she was floppy. We (I!) still had to hold her down for them to be able to get the mask on her God I feel like I've been through the wringer today Not as bad as she'll feel when she wakes up though

1 comment:

  1. I can relate to this! I had to have Chiara under general to have some of her permanent teeth filled and capped.......i felt terrible as she was so young - about 5 or 6 i think! Just this year we had her under general again for an MRI and they rolled their eyes when i said she needed to be sedated.....until of course she ran screaming down the hospital hallway when they came at her with the mask! vindicated, but heart breaking all the same :)

    hard stuff.....this parenting business!

    ReplyDelete