Friday, May 15, 2009

Maybe a cause to my feeling sick?

I think I have discovered what might be making me sick. I have been dr googling this morning after someone mentioned to me that it might be the reflux that is making me sick.
Less Common SymptomsMany patients with GERD do not experience heartburn or
regurgitation. Instead symptoms may appear in other locations.
Chest
Sensations or Pain. Patients may have the sensation that food is trapped
behind the breastbone
. Chest pain is a common symptom of GERD. It is
very important to differentiate it from chest pain caused by heart conditions,
such as angina and heart attack.
Symptoms in the Throat. Less commonly, GERD
may produce symptoms that occur in the throat:
Acid laryngitis. A condition
that includes hoarseness, dry cough, the sensation of having a lump in the
throat, and the need to repeatedly clear the throat. Trouble swallowing
(dysphagia).
In severe cases, patients may even choke or food may
become trapped in the esophagus, causing severe chest pain. This may indicate a
temporary spasm that narrows the tube, or it could also be an indication of
serious esophageal damage or abnormalities. Chronic sore throat. Persistent
hiccups. Coughing and Respiratory Symptoms. Asthmatic symptoms like coughing and
wheezing may occur. In fact, in one study, GERD alone accounted for 41.1% of
cases of chronic cough in nonsmoking patients. The incidence was even higher
when GERD and asthma were combined.
Chronic Nausea and
Vomiting. Nausea that persists for weeks or even months and is not
attributable to a common cause of stomach upset may be a symptom of acid
reflux
. In rare cases, vomiting can occur as often as once a day. All
other causes of chronic nausea and vomiting should be ruled out, including
ulcers, stomach cancer, obstruction, and pancreas or gallbladder disorders
I have bolded my symptoms. I have got reflux meds, I just forget to take them, so they will be my new religion and see if I can get rid of this feeling sick. Because I feel sick I don't eat anything, and I am really struggling at work cause I haven't got the energy to stay awake!

1 comment:

  1. I hope you feel better soon!

    There is something for you over at my blog ♥

    http://thatrandomleila.blogspot.com/2009/05/much-love.html

    ReplyDelete